Friday 14 August 2009

Asleep on a crumpled carpet


This old fellow might look very innocent but he's caused me a headache this morning when first of all I looked around in the park and he was nowhere to be seen. I looked everywhere for him, couldnt call him because he's deaf - then finally found him in the children's playground eating someone's left over burger. Then on the way home some workmen had just put wet cement in a hole in the road and he fell into it, so had cement covered legs all the way home.

4 comments:

Patricia said...

I have an old dog too. Today in the garden she did not see a prowling cat and later in the afternoon she did not see a deer that was really quite close in the woods. It will break my heart when she leaves us, though.

Sheila Vaughan said...

Poor old fellow - I'm deaf and prone to falling in holes in the road (but I draw the line at eating left over burgers in the park). I know just how he feels though. Love this sketch.

Kathleen said...

my kind of dog- we had a barn cat that was deaf and she slept between the blades of the tiller to stay safe I had to jump on the floor to call her

Angie said...

Thanks everyone - he's a lovely old thing and I think he's going to plod on for a few years yet!