Tuesday 8 September 2009

Maria


I saw an advert for a life drawing session in my local artshop. It turned out to be an artist who lives in the next road to me, who wants people to join him and share the cost of the model. He was starting the weekly sessions today so I went there and really enjoyed it. It's nice to draw with like-minded people who want to do long poses rather than 5 or 10 minute ones. We did two one and a half hour drawings - my first was rubbish because I was a bit nervous. This one was better as I had warmed up a bit.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

lovely sketch- I envy you the opportunity to join a group and work from a live model - Your oil painting of the frosty morning is very nice I like the loose style -not easy in my opinion

Sheila Vaughan said...

It's a totally competent and sensitive, lovely drawing Annie. I went to evening classes for life drawing a couple of years ago but they had let so many people join (including the daily art students) that it became uncomfortably crowded. Maybe its best to share the cost with a few friends as you have done here.

Angie said...

Thanks for your comments Kathleen and Sheila. They're much appreciated.