Monday 23 February 2009

remiss


I'm sorry I've been very remiss about posting lately. I've got caught up in doing a larger painting, which is taking time to do as I'm very busy with work. I've been reading 'Color' by Betty Edwards. What a great book! I'm going to try and do all the exercises in the book as there's so much I need to know... This is a quite recent pastel painting (horrible of D I know - he looks like a layabout - which he isnt!) There are a few bits I like about this painting - I went a bit mad with the colour, which I'm pleased with, although I havent seemed to be able to get into that 'mode' since. It was also a breakthrough with using Wallis paper - which I had found difficult before. I did a colourful underpainting on this, and for the first time really enjoyed using the paper.

3 comments:

Ann said...

This is a great painting! Looks just like my hubby on a Sunday afternoon, planted on the sofa!

For the award, and only if you want to, you can post it on your blog (just copy it from mine),list seven things you love and link to seven bloggers you love. Then make sure to go to those blogs and tell them about the award. Of course you are under no obligation to do any or all of these steps. These things go around blogs from time to time and can be a fun way to link to other blogs. Not everyone always participates or in the same way. It's just for fun :)

Anita said...

I've heard a lot about Wallis paper - must try it out. I don't think he looks like a layabout at all, just very relaxed! Nice lazy Sunday atmosphere about this and the palette is very nice and sunny.

Angie said...

Thanks Ann and Anita.